Are You Heart Smart?
How much do you know about keeping your heart healthy? Take this quiz and find out.
1. Every ____ seconds, someone in the United States has a heart attack.
2. Which of the following is not a risk factor for heart disease?
A. High blood pressure
B. Using statins
3. All of the following are heart attack symptoms except:
A. Chest pain
B. Back pain
D. Blurred vision
4. True or false: You should wait until you have at least two heart attack symptoms before getting care.
5. True or false: Causing yourself to cough vigorously during a heart attack will stop it.
6. Which test takes an ultrasound of your heart?
C. Coronary angiogram
Always call 911 or your local emergency services number if you or someone else requires immediate medical attention.
Answers: 1. A; 2. B; 3: D; 4. B; 5. B; 6: B
Sources: American Heart Association, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention