The Affordable Care Act (ACA) is the most comprehensive reform of the United Stated medical system in almost 50 years. With so much changing, there is one thing you can rely on – Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey.
We want you to be informed to help your clients in this changing health insurance landscape. Continue to look for updates.
What this means to you:
- Individuals and employers will look to brokers for answers and recommendations.
- There are new sales channels for Individual and Small Group business. Horizon BCBSNJ will offer plans on the Health Insurance Marketplace and the Small Employer Health Options Program (SHOP) exchanges.
- The ACA is potentially one of your greatest opportunities. In addition to new people entering the market, all new health plans will replace those previously sold to individuals and small employers, so more people will need your help.
- Brokers will be sought after. Those who take the time to get to know the new requirements, the new marketplace and the new health plans will become valued partners to their clients and will solidify their relationships.
What Your Clients Need to Know:
On October 1, new individual and small-employer health plans will be available, with effective dates of January 1, 2014. The plans must be certified as Qualified Health Plans (QHPs), which means they must comply with minimum requirements. For example, they must:
- Ensure a sufficient choice of providers.
- Include essential community providers in their networks.
- Be accredited on quality.
- Implement a quality improvement strategy.
- Meet marketing requirements.
- Present plan information in a standard format.
- Provide data on quality measures and other business practices.
- Comply with the essential health benefits package.
- Use a uniform enrollment form.
You offer your clients value
Employers eligible for participation in the SHOP, will find QHPs on and off the public exchanges that will resemble each other, but may also have variations. As a result, they will likely turn to you for guidance.
Your clients will face a host of new reporting requirements under the ACA.
Horizon BCBSNJ is committed to our relationship.> We promise to keep you informed and to help you respond knowledgeably to your clients about the new health care law and all of its requirements.